The office of Delegate Pat Young is seeking interns to work in his district and Annapolis office to assist staff in performing constituent services, and communications-related activities.
Campaign internships provide exciting and unique opportunities to learn about and engage with state and local government. You will be provided with first hand experience and will gain invaluable insight into the campaign process while learning the value of constituent and community outreach.
Various tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assisting all staff;
- Answering phones and emails;
- Collecting mail;
- Attending offsite meetings;
- Entering and gathering data into spread sheets and lists;
- Copying, faxing and filing;
- Tracking bills during session;
- Updating and assisting with overall management of various social media platforms;
- Drafting statements;
- Researching legislative and constituent issues;
- Attending events outside of the office with a staff member or the Delegate;
- Working on long-term projects.
Over the course of your internship, you may have the opportunity to observe floor debate and votes, attend committee hearings and various briefings. Applicants can be in any major field of study and all are encouraged to apply. What we do require is an interest in learning firsthand about the process of State government. Academic credit for this internship is available. Perspective interns must:
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Outstanding communication proficiency;
- Work well with others;
- Complete assignments in a timely fashion.
To apply, please send a resume and a list of references to email@example.com. If you have any further questions, please call 301-385-5414.